State Government Relations
The Office of State Government Relations, working directly with the university’s Government Relations Council, monitors legislative issues and activities in Richmond and communicates information to appropriate officials. The office is committed to informing the university community as it relates to key legislative issues that may be of interest and impact and to advocating on behalf of Mason on issues relating to faculty.
The Office of State Government Relations
- represents the university’s position on state governmental issues to state officials
- monitors and tracks legislative and state activities during the General Assembly session
- communicates information to university officials and the community on significant state and legislative matters
- educates the university community about state relations
- assists legislators in working in partnership with the university on important issues impacting the Commonwealth of Virginia
Guidelines for Public Testimony and Communication with State Officials
Members of the University Community are asked to keep these Guidelines for Public Testimony in mind when they choose to communicate with state officials. These policies have been approved by University Administration as well as both the Faculty and Staff Senates. Please contact Mark Smith with questions you may have.
State Government Relations Key Facts Pocket Card